Re: contour with labeled values

Hi Vincent,
By default the location of labels on contour lines are placed where
the algorithm determines that there is space for them to be visible.
If your plot is crowded with many contours, few if any labels will
be seen:

yes? use etopo60
yes? contour rose   ! I see just a few labels of the zero level
yes? contour/x=220:300/y=20:60 rose  ! Now several labels show up.

The PPL CONSET command can be used to control how many
labels appear on a contour plot.  The parameter you want to set is
the 8th in the list, dslab = nominal distance between labels on a contour
line.  Compare these two plots:

yes? use etopo60
yes? set region/x=200:300/y=20:60
yes? contour/set rose
yes? ppl conset 0.08, , , , , , , 1
yes? ppl contour

yes? contour/set rose
yes? ppl conset 0.08, , , , , , , 3
yes? ppl contour

Please see "contour, pplus controls" and the entry "contouring" in the
Users Guide index. These point to a long section on contouring which
explains the options. There is also a demo script which may help you
see what you need to do.

yes? go custom_contour_demo.jnl

Ansley Manke

Vincent Le Fouest wrote:
Dear ferreters,

Using a CONTOUR command, all my labeled values corresponding to my
isolines do not appear on my graph.
Is there a command to change this?

Thanks!

Vincent