Re: Questions about viewport

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Chi Ding wrote:
>      I'm drawing a plot which includes multiple viewport vertically.
> Suppose there are 3 viewports, each of them takes up the full width of
> the screen, and 1/3 of the screen vertically.
>      The problem is that the more viewports I defined, the smaller each
> of them vertically. If the number of viewports is over 4 or 5, I can
> hardly see the vertical scale of the picture because it's too small.

> !Here is the script Mooring_do_plot
> DEFINE VIEWPORT/XLIM=$1,$2/YLIM=$3,$4 myview
> SET VIEWPORT myview
> plot/z=$6/t=$7:$8  $5

Hi Ding,

Try running "go magnify" after you set the viewport but before you plot,
like this:

SET VIEWPORT myview
go magnify
plot/z=$6/t=$7:$8  $5

The script magnify.jnl should already be in your $FER_DIR/go directory. It
changes the default margins around the plot, and if you run it with no
arguments, it will make the plot fill the whole viewport.  You can then
play with the viewport settings to get exactly the margins you want.

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/Chapter1_Introduction.htm#_VPINDEXENTRY_78

Cheers,

Andrew

|   Dr. Andrew T. Wittenberg   |        GFDL/NOAA        |
|  Andrew.Wittenberg@noaa.gov  |      Princeton, NJ      |