Re: initial command? [restoring state, defaults]

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Xin Jin wrote:
> Is there any initial command existed in ferret? I mean after executing
> some commends I want to restore the ferret to its initial status.

Hi Xin,

See below for a script to restore PlotPlus settings to their defaults.
Also, see Ch1 Sec5.3.2 of the User's Guide, "Preserving the Ferret state
in GO tools":

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/Chapter1_Introduction.htm#_VPINDEXENTRY_94

Cheers,

Andrew

|   Dr. Andrew T. Wittenberg   |        GFDL/NOAA        |
|  Andrew.Wittenberg@noaa.gov  |      Princeton, NJ      |

\can mode verify
! Usage: go restore_plot_defaults
!
! atw 18sep2001

go unbold
go unmagnify

ppl box off             !bounding box
ppl axatic 5 5          !# large tics
ppl axlabp -1 -1        !positions of character xy axis labels
ppl txlabp -1           !positions of character t axis labels
ppl axlint 2 2          !xy axis label interval
ppl txlint 1 1          !t axis label interval
ppl axlsze .1 .1        !numeric axis label sizes: x and y
ppl txlsze .1           !numeric axis label sizes: t
ppl axnmtc 0 0          !# small tics between large tics
ppl txnmtc -1           !use large & small tics on time axis
ppl axnsig 2 2          !# sigfigs in axis labels
ppl axset 1 1 1 1       !plot all four axes
ppl axtype 1 1          !linear axes
ppl shakey 1 0 0 0 3 9  !colorbar label sizes
ppl vecset .5           !length of vector key
ppl veckey/nouser 0 -.5 !position/format of vector key

ppl tics .125 .25 .125 .25 -1 -1     !tic sizes
ppl conset .08 2 1 .04 .04 5 5 5 0 0 !contour lines and labels
repeat/i=1:9 (ppl markh `i` .08)     !mark sizes

set mode/last verify