Re: Re: how does ferret deal with vertical vector distribution atfixed station.

Dear Ansley Manke

	I do know FERRET can deal with vertical section FILL or SHADE
as shown in the FERRET manual,however, it concenstrates on those SCALAR,
such as temperature, salinity ,etc.
	Now what i want is to draw every layer's VECTOR (U and V) in one figure,
the similar format as shown in the green part of attached ekman.gif.

for example, in a fixed station,
Given information:
	X=100E
	Y=50N
	Z=10 layers
	U(x,y,z)
	V(x,y,z)

Result:
	x axis:quantity of vector;
 	y axis:water depth
	"VECTOR  U,V"???

Thanks for your attention!
With Regards!
yours gnzeng

======= 2003-09-23 14:03:00 ÄúÔÚÀ´ÐÅÖÐдµÀ£º=======

>Hello Gnzeng,
>We need more information to understand what you want
>to do.  Ferret can do a vertical section fill or shade plot of
>a single data field having a vertical variation, and it can plot
>vectors in a plane, whether that is a horizontal or vertical plane.
>It can also make a line plot showing how a quantity varies with
>depth.
>
>Are you currently using Ferret?  If Ferret is new to you, please
>see these two demonstrations on the Ferret web pages.  First, the
>Ferret tour, with basic examples of how Ferret runs and what
>its graphics look like,
>http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/ferret_tour.html
>
>and the Levitus tour which shows examples of using a
>dataset with depth variations.  See in particular the example
>that shows a meridional slice -
>http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/levitus_tour.html
>
>I imagine that you will be able to use Ferret to visualize your data.
>Please let us know if you need further assistance.
>
>Ansley Manke
>
>gnzeng wrote:
>
>> Dear ferret_users
>>         if i want to get a figure ,which describes a fix
>> station's horizontal velocity's variation in the vertical
>> direction ,How should i do? Could FEERET do such job?
>>
>> With Regards
>>
>> gnzeng
>> led_rs@scsio.ac.cn
>> 2003-09-23
>
>--
>Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA
>
>.

Àñ£¡

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡led_rs@scsio.ac.cn