missing_data handling in ferret

Hi folks,

I am working on this missing_data-not-recognized problem, which seems to affect both LAS/Ferret and GrADS clients accessing the GDS.

I was just wondering, what algorithm does Ferret use to check for missing data when plotting? Does it expect strict binary equality between the netCDF missing data value and the variable data, or is it a "fuzzy" test with inequalities?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Wielgosz / joew@cola.iges.org
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
http://www.iges.org