prime (') in label string?

Dear Ferret users,

I'm trying to put the following label below a plot:

data_c: (tau' . tau_0)

where the _ indicate subscript, ' is a prime indicating anomalous
windstress, and the . is an inner product. I've managed to do this
with

ppl title "data_c: (@SGt@MA47@SR @MA35@SR @SGt@SR_0)"

Question is: do I need to use @MA47 for a mathematical prime, or is
there a way I can include a normal ' in the string? The @SR font seems
to have one (39) but I don't know how to get it in a label. If I try

    "@SR39"

ferret will just switch to SR font and print "39". If I try

    "tau'"

ferret complains about an

  Unmatched '

If I try

    "tau\'"

ferret still complains about an unmatched '. The manual mentions that
escaping a ' with a backslash should hide it from ferret, but this is
apparently not the case here. How should I do this instead? It's not
just for the prime (') character, but for example also for the degrees
character.  Both mailing list archives and plotplus manual didn't
provide the answer.

Thanks,
	Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle