Re: converting z axis

Hello Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu:

One way to use less memory is to do your cdf writing timestep
by timestep:

DEFINE AXIS/Z=1:1:1 znew		! same as your definition
LET slp2=slp+z[gz=znew]*0	   	! easier than zaxreplace
SAVE/FILE=slp2.nc/L=1 slp2		! write only the first timestep
REPEAT/L=2:1460 SAVE/FILE=slp2.nc/APPEND slp2  ! write the rest, one at a time

Note the use of the /APPEND qualifier on the LIST command.
By looping over the L values, only one slab of the grid is
brought into memory at a time. You can only append as simply
as this along a time axis (to APPEND along another axis see
the User's Guide Chapter 10 Section 2 Example 4).

Also note that SAVE is an alias for LIST/FORMAT=cdf.

Also note that ZAXREPLACE is not necessary, and is likely
to use a lot more resources (probably more memory, I think).

Regards ..... Billy K