Re: large NetCDF files (>2.1 GB) in ferret

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Sim Larkin wrote:
> I'm trying to get ferret 5.41 working with the large netcdf files (> 2.1
> GB).
>
> Problem:  doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any ideas?
> We are setting about reinstalling ferret from scratch and upgrading from
> 5.41 to  5.5 now, but I thought I'd check to see if this rings any bells.

Hi Sim,

The developers are working on a version that supports >2GB files (and DODS
access too).  A Linux beta is available from

ftp://www.ferret.noaa.gov/special_request/aw/ferret_v553beta3.gz

BEWARE, this beta doesn't properly "FILL" data on irregular axes due to a
graphics problem (unrelated to the >2GB access).  But you can give it a
try for processing files.  Let them know if you find any other problems.
I think the official v5.53 release -- with bug fixes -- may be coming out
soon.

Andrew

|   Dr. Andrew T. Wittenberg   |        GFDL/NOAA        |
|  Andrew.Wittenberg@noaa.gov  |      Princeton, NJ      |