Re: Question about plotting multi-plots in one page

Hi Chi,
If the variables all have the same time axis, this is quite easy.  You
could do something like this.  Say your data is in three datasets,
one for each set of measurements

use data0
use data12
use data30

! Plot all three curves; they will automatically be different colors
plot salt[d=1], salt[d=2], salt[d=3]

! Set variables with the location of a point where you will
! make a label.

let t1 = t[gt=salt, t='1-jan-2002`]
let y1 = salt[t=`t1`]
label `t1`, `y1+0.2`, 1, 0, 0.1, "At 30 M"

! And similarly to label the other curves

Or you could customize the line types for the three curves by
plotting them separately.  Use a /vlimits qualifier on the first curve
so that the vertical axis is long enough to accomodate all the curves.
plot/vlim=29:35 salt[d=1]
plot/over/color=blue salt[d=2]
plot/over/dash/color=red salt[d=3]

! label as above

Chi wrote:

Hi Ferret users
      I have several time-series mooring data collected at different
depth. say at surface,
12m and 30m.  They are not suitable for interpolation on the depth axis
as the depth values are
sparse and not uniformly distributed. For the measured variable,  say
salinity,  I want to draw
a plot in which the horizontal axis represents time , and the vertical
axis represents salinity, the data
measure at surface, 12m and 30m are represented by 3 different curves
labeled with their
depth .
     Can anybody give me some clue? Any information will be appreciated.
      Thanks, Ding