potential density from potential temperature?

Hello,

Here's a softball for you.  I've got z-level GCM output with salinity
and potential temperature.  I'd like to zaxreplace some variables onto
a potential density grid.  Is it OK to use rho_un, which wants in situ
temperature and outputs in situ density, but substitute potential
temperature?  Would that give me potential density?  Also, I presume
that it's OK to make pressure proportional to depth, right?

        Many thanks,

		Tony