Re: To save plots

Hello Shailendra,
You need the topic "hard copy" in the Ferret Users Guide.  There are
options to make postscript or gif output.  I have also just added index
entries under "output" and "plot output"  to make the information easier
to find.  Here are the basic steps for postscript output:

1)    Within Ferret, enter the command, which tells Ferret to
        generate a graphics metafile

             yes? SET MODE METAFILE

2)     Produce each plot as you would normally. Each
         new plot on your screen generates an additional file
         named "metafile.plt.~n~" where "n" will be
         incremented for each metafile.

3)     After exiting from Ferret use the command Fprint to
        translate the metafile to postscript.

Ansley Manke

r_shail wrote:

Hello,

I have plotted some results using Ferret.

How can I save each plot to use to write as a research paper.

Help will be highly appreciated

Shailendra Rai