labelling ...

Hello !

I have 2 really simple questions about a problem I tried to solve for hours and hours and hours (I'm beggining with Ferret, I read all documentations, FAQ and so on, but I dit not find the answer ...).

I plot a graphic with 4 curves (RMSE of sea-level pressure from 4 different data files, according to time (6-hours values for one month).
Ferret automatically sets a legend "below-left" on the graph (with 4 colored lines & their corresponding data filename). Moreover, my t-axis in day+month (from 1st to 31st December 1993).

My first question is : Is it possible to put this legend somewhere else ?
Because it is not so well visible there and the text size is too small.
(a sub-question is : is it possible to put the 4 filenames in this legend ? Because there are just 3 ... The first data filename is not there, it is in the "data set" above-right).

My second question is : How can I put my t-axis in a format like DD-MMM-YYYY ?
I found how to get DD-MMM in 1 or 2 lines, I tried with "set mode calendar:days" but it does not work and a lot of other things, but nothing helped me !

I hope you could help me ! Thanks !

Emilie Vanvyve

P.S. : I'm working with Ferret version 5.50.
--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Emilie Vanvyve - PhD student

Institut d'astronomie et de géophysique Georges Lemaître (ASTR)

Université catholique de Louvain / Département de physique

Chemin du cyclotron, 2

B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve

Belgium

Tél. : +32 (0)10 47 33 00