Re: Using the go vertical_section script

Hi Jeff,
First, note that you can do the same operation with the
SAMPLEXY function, a more recent addition to Ferret than
this script.  See "vertical cross section" in the index to the
Users Guide for how to use SAMPLEXY, which is more
general than the vertical_section script, as it lets you sample
along any x-y curve.  This is probably the best solution.

If you still want to use the vertical_section script, I think this
is what's happening.  vertical_section.jnl writes out an intermediate
file vsection.dat, and later reads data back from that file.  I would
guess that it was written out with file permissions such that Ferret
cannot read it.  You might check the permission settings for the
directory where you are running Ferret.

Ansley Manke