Re: Confusion of grid dimensions

Hi Xavier,
If you are trying to overlay a variable of file 2 on a plot
of a variable from the first file, you have to do something to
regrid the variables to a common grid.  But simply having
other datasets open should  not be a problem.  For example

yes? use etopo60
yes? use coads_climatology

yes? show data
! the ETOPO60 grid is twice as dense as COADS in x-y

 !   You can plot data from either dataset alone

yes? shade/L=1 slp
yes? shade rose[d=1]

!  Or, you can combine variables from the datasets on one plot,
!  if you regrid data from one of the datasets to the grid of the
!  first one plotted.

yes? shade rose[d=1]
yes? contour/over/L=1 slp[g=rose[d=1]

If this does not answer your question, could you include more
of an example of the commands you are using?

Ansley Manke