Re: Masking Vertical Sections and Drawing Lines

Hi Rolando,
Here is a message from the Users Archive about drawing lines
across your plot.
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_99/msg00095.html

To mask out land, if I understand your question correctly, you
could do this kind of thing:

  yes? use etopo20
  yes? let ocean_mask = if rose[d=etopo20] le 0 then 1

  yes? use my_file    ! get your data, with variable my_var
  yes? shade/y=0  my_var* ocean_mask

Also, here is a question from the Users Archive, with several
follow-up responses, which may apply to your question.
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_98/msg00239.html

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246