Re: Heat content in the mixed layer

Hi Satheesh,
For the question of how to do this step

   let temp_vertint = rhow*Cp*temp[z=0:`mix_layer_h`@din]

I think you can use the ideas in this FAQ: "Averaging/integrating over
irregular regions in Ferret", at
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/avg_integ_irreg.html

You would create a mask using the mixed layer depth and multiply
the variable you are integrating by the mask.  Then everything below
that depth is missing and therefore not included in the integration.
After you have defined mix_layer_h:

   LET mask = IF z LE mix_layer_h THEN 1
   LET temp_vertint = rhow*Cp*mask* temp[z=@din]

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246