Re: to read ADCP data

Hi Kalyani,
Have you been able to read your data into Ferret?  If so, then
you can define a time axis with the same starting and ending
times, but your desired two-day time step, and then regrid the
variable to that axis.

For example, if you have read the data into Ferret, your data might
look something like this.  I will call the variable "var".

   yes? SHOW DATA
     currently SET data sets:
    1> data_set_name.dat (default)
      name     title                         I         J         K         L
      VAR    ADCP DATA          ...         ...     1:20     1:124

   yes? SHOW GRID var
     GRID (G001)
   name       axis              # pts   start                end
   normal    X
   normal    Y
   ZAX   DEPTH (m)           20 i-  0                 5000
   HOUR6   TIME               124 r   01-JAN-2002 00:00    31-JAN-2002 18:00

Then you can define a new time axis with an interval of 2 days,
and regrid to the new axis.  The depth axis stays the same, with
the data at each depth being regridded to the new time axis.
This is done by defining a new variable, based on the existing
variable, but with the new time axis.

  yes? DEFINE AXIS/T="1-JAN-2002:00":"1-FEB-2002:00":2/UNITS=days day2
  yes? LET vardays = var[GT=day2]   ! interpolates data to the new axis

or

  yes? LET vardays = var[GT=day2@AVE]   ! Uses averaging to regrid

I hope this will get you started.

Ansley Manke

C Kalyani Devasena wrote:

> Hai,
> May I get the help how to convert 6 hourly adcp (function of depth and
> time) data to  2day data?? I am not able to produce correct time step of
> my choice.
>
> with regards,
> kalyani

>  Dr. C.Kalyani Devasena                Phone : +91 80  5051904, 5051901.
>  Research Associate
>  CSIR Centre for Mathematical-           E-mail: kalyani@cmmacs.ernet.in
>  Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS)
>  NAL Belur Campus,
>  Bangalore - 560 037,
>  India.

Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246