Re: Ferret request

Hi Stéphanie -

The problem you are seeing in creating GIF's is most likely due to your X server running in TrueColor mode.  Ferret versions v5.40 and earlier were unable to create gif files in that situation.

However, the newest version of Ferret (v5.51) does not have that problem and is able to create GIF files with an X server in either PseudoColor or TrueColor mode.

To solve your problem you can either download the most recent version of Ferret (at http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/win32_downloads.html) or reconfigure your server to run in PseudoColor mode.

If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.

Kevin

Stephanie.Moneris@cetiis.fr wrote:

Dear Ferreters

I'm running ferret v5.4 under MS Windows XP pro using an Xserver to visualize the graphic outputs. Everything is working well except when I ask Ferret to produce GIF images according to the command FRAME/FILE=picture.gif.
Ferret creates a GIF file but it's unreadable by any soft like Microsoft Photo Editor.
I suspect it's linked to the X server configuration but anyone met the same problem and has an idea about it, I would be glad to know.
Thanks.

Stéphanie Moneris

SAFEGE CETIIS
Département Océanographie - Environnement
Aix Métropole, Bât. D
30 avenue Malacrida
13100 Aix-en-Provence
France
Tel: 33 4 42 93 65 26
Fax: 33 4 42 26 52 19
Email: Stephanie.Moneris@cetiis.fr

--
Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP