Ferret request

Dear Ferreters

I'm running ferret v5.4 under MS Windows XP pro using an Xserver to visualize the graphic outputs. Everything is working well except when I ask Ferret to produce GIF images according to the command FRAME/FILE=picture.gif.
Ferret creates a GIF file but it's unreadable by any soft like Microsoft Photo Editor.
I suspect it's linked to the X server configuration but anyone met the same problem and has an idea about it, I would be glad to know.
Thanks.

Stéphanie Moneris

SAFEGE CETIIS
Département Océanographie - Environnement
Aix Métropole, Bât. D
30 avenue Malacrida
13100 Aix-en-Provence
France