Re: axis format: xfor & yfor

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Boyin Huang wrote:
> Suppose I have an SST anomaly from -1 to 1 degree, and wish to plot a
> curve using tick interval of 0.1 degree. The ferret alway to print
> "-1.00, -0.80, -0.60, ....". May I remove the last digit of 0 and print
> it as "-1.0, -0.8, -0.6 ...."?

Hi Boyin,

You can use the 4-argument form of the LEVELS qualifier -- see the User's
Guide, Ch6 Sec8.1.1:
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/Chapter6_Customizing_Plots.htm#Chapter6-Contouring

This has the form
   /LEVELS=(lo, hi, delta, ndigits)
where ndigits is the number of decimal places (-1=integer, -3=no label).

EXAMPLE:
  use coads_climatology
  set region t
  fill/line/key/lev=(-1,1,.2,1) sst[l=1]-sst[l=@ave]

Cheers,

Andrew

|   Dr. Andrew T. Wittenberg   |        GFDL/NOAA        |
|      atw@gfdl.noaa.gov       |      Princeton, NJ      |