beautifying plots (labels & margins)

Hello Ferret users,

I'm trying to make a two-column plot for a poster, two hovmuller plots
next to each other. There are a few things I cannot figure out so far:

- how do I prevent Ferret from drawing both year numbers and month
letters next to the time axis? I just want year numbers.
- how do I increase the pen thickness of the key labels? I know how to
change it for title and axis labels (ppl pen 0,7) but I don't know how
to do it for the key labels.
- Ferret changes the font size of the key labels depending on how much
text it has to fit there (1, 2, 3 vs 0.01, 0.02 etc). Is there a way
to prevent this?
- How do I decrease the space between the bottom of the plot and the
title printed by "ppl title"? go margins doesn't do it, this just
changes the total margin around the plot without moving the title.

Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle
    Dept. of Oceographic Research
    KNMI, The Netherlands