Re: day interpolatation of monthly wind data.

Hi Namba,
You can either use SET MODE INTERPOLATE, which causes
Ferret to use linear interpolation on all requests for values that lie
between grid points, or @ITP to choose to interpolate on axes
individually.   Compare the output from these commands.  If
interpolation has been used, the LIST output shows it on the
longitude, latitude, depth, or time line.

use coads_climatology
list/x=181/y=1 sst[t=1-feb]
list/x=181/y=1 sst[t=1-feb@itp]

set mode interpolate
list/x=181/y=1 sst[t=1-feb]

! Now ask for a point not on a grid point in x and y;
! mode interpolate makes ferret interpolate in X and Y too.

list/x=180/y=0 sst[t=1-feb]
cancel mode interpolate
list/x=180/y=0/sst[t=1-feb@itp]   ! interpolate only in time

Ansley Manke