Re: Left_axis_plot

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, maria lemos_diaz wrote:
>  I use the left_axis_plot function but I want no label at the left axis.

Hi M_Lourdes
	For left_axis/right_axis type plots without sample lines and
labelling it might be easier to draw the left hand and right hand parts
into two viewports that share the same space. For example

def view/xlim=0,1/ylim=0,1 leftview
def view/xlim=0,1/ylim=0,1 rightview

set view leftview
plot/set/nolab 1/i[i=1:10],1/(11-i[i=1:10])
ppl axset,1,1,1,0 ; ppl axlabp,,-1 ; ppl plot

set view rightview
plot/set/nolab/over i[i=1:10],11-i[i=1:10]
ppl axset,0,0,0,1 ; ppl axlabp,,1 ; ppl plot

Note that the effect of the "/over" in the rightview plot is to draw
those lines in the next available colors. Without it the rightview
lines would start over with black, red, ...  Alternately you could use

set view rightview
plot/set/nolab i[i=1:10],11-i[i=1:10]
ppl pen,1,5 ; ppl pen,2,6
ppl axset,0,0,0,1 ; ppl axlabp,,1 ; ppl plot

to impose your color/thickness choice on the rightaxis lines.

Hope this helps,
Mick