Variable name reuse

Title: Message

Hi

How can I reuse the same variable name. Currently , my jnl script consists of:

LET u_new = ZAXREPLACE(u,zz, z[gz=zdepth])
LET v_new = ZAXREPLACE(v,zz, z[gz=zdepth])
GO vis5d_write test.v5d u_new, v_new

Thus, the variables in my vis5d file are u_new and v_new but I need them to be u and v. Is there anyways i could calculate u_new, v_new and then redefine u and v to hold these values or any other way.

Regards
Anu