Re: variable integration

Hi Simi,
You can do this kind of thing using the @LOC or the @WEQ
transformation; see this in the Users Guide and the examples under
@WEQ.  There is also an FAQ about integrating within a region
defined by isosurfaces, and averaging (or integrating) over complex
regions of space

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/avg_integ_irreg.html

You can use your mixed layer depth to create a mask.
It would be something like the following.  If you have a variable
called mixed_layer which is a function of x and y

yes? LET dd = density*9.8*depth
yes? LET mask = IF  Z[g=dd] LE  mixed_layer THEN 1
yes? LET masked_dd = mask* dd
yes? LET integral = masked_dd[Z=@DIN]

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246