Re: enlarge a metafile

Hi All,
Jaclyn and I have been working back and forth on this, and with
some help from Mick Spillane, we have a solution.

Create the plot in a viewport that is the final desired size.  Then the
-g option for gksm2ps lets us increase the output postscript file
dimensions. For example, a plot that is portrait 16.5" high by 10.5"
wide:

        yes? ppl size, 10.5, 16.5
        yes? ppl origin, 0.75, 0.5
        yes? ppl axlen, 9, 15.5
        yes? set mode meta tabloid.plt
        yes? use etopo20
        yes? shade/lev=200/x=100:200 rose
        yes? can mode meta

Then from the Unix command line
        > gksm2ps -g 1188x1188+10+10 -o tabloid.ps tabloid.plt

Here 1188 = 16.5 x 72 and 10 is a little shift.  See gksm2ps in the
Ferret Users's guide for the details of the -g option.

Now you have a large postscript file.  We haven't found a way to
verify in on the screen;  ghostview crops it, but probably various
graphics programs can view it, and it does print on a large-format
printer.

Ansley Manke