annual averages from non-calendar axis

Greetings Ferret Users,

I have monthly model data which are contained on a no-leapyear, non-calendar
axis, and I would like to create annual averages. I tried following the example
on the ferret website, but I run into the bugaboo of only the @ASN
transformation being allowed between non-calendar and calendar axes (as opposed
to the @AVE, which I need). I tried regridding the data to an artificial,
noleap calendar axis (i.e. defining an axis along the lines of
T="01-JAN-2000":"01-DEC-2100":1/unit=month") but still run into the same error
message when I try to regrid the data from that axis. Any suggestions?

thanks much,
Will

--

___

William Lewis (welewis@students.wisc.edu, will@blue.meteor.wisc.edu)
Department of Atmospheric Sciences / Center for Climatic Research
University of Wisconsin -- Madison