Eof problem

Hai,

I am trying to run EOF demo's using ferret v5.41 on irix6.5 operating
system.  If I say show function I am bale to see the EOF usage, but before
I am anyalysing my actual MOM model outputs I tried to test the EOF demo
which they have given on line with the following commands and it is not
working.
yes? use coads_climatology
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> /use/ferret/fer_dsets/data/coads_climatology.cdf (default)
 name title I J K L
 SST SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURE 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 AIRT AIR TEMPERATURE 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 SPEH SPECIFIC HUMIDITY 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 WSPD WIND SPEED 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 UWND ZONAL WIND 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 VWND MERIDIONAL WIND 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
 SLP SEA LEVEL PRESSURE 1:180 1:90 ...  1:12
yes? SET REGION/X=67w:1w/Y=11S:11N
yes? LET eof_xyfcn = eof_space(sst, 2.0, 0.5)
 **ERROR: command syntax: eof_space(sst, 2.0, 0.5)
The eof_space function has an incorrect number of arguments
yes? SHOW FUNCTION eof_space
EOF_SPACE(A,frac_timeser)
 Compute EOF spacial fields from XYT field
    A: Variable in x,y,t; may be fcn of z
    frac_timeser: Use only those time series with this fraction valid data
EOF_SPACE(A,pct_cutoff,frac_timeser)
(beta) Compute EOF spacial fields from x-y-time field w/gaps
  A: Variable in x,y,t; may be fcn of  z
 pct_cutoff: Return EOFs up to cutoff for % variance explained e.g. 2 for
2%
 frac_timeser: Use only those time series with this fraction valid data
suppose if I use the function in the following way it is not giving me any
valid plot
yes? LET eof_xyfcn = eof_space(sst, 2.0)

I have tested the same in version 5.21 which was fine as per ferret
demo.jnl file.

I need help to know my mistake and feedback for the correct demo

Cheers,
Kalyani

 Dr. C.Kalyani Devasena                  Phone : +91 80 527 505 1901.
 RA
 CSIR Centre for Mathematical-           E-mail: kalyani@cmmacs.ernet.in
 Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS)
 NAL Belur Campus,
 Bangalore - 560 037,
 India.