Re: Masking Land

Hi Bruce,
Yes, you can do this.  You'll need to have the land data on the
same grid as your NetCDF files, and then you can mask out
the points that correspond to land.  Here are the kinds of commands
you'll need.  The mask is set to 1 if the topography data is less
than 0, otherwise it has a bad-value flag.  my_grid is the grid of
the variable my_var.

  yes? use etopo60
  yes? use my_data
  yes? let  landmask = if rose[d=1,g=my_grid] LT 0 then 1
  yes? let masked_var =  my_var* landmask   ! then you can use this...

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246