COHERENS sigma to meters z coordinate

Hello Ferret users:

This is my first message to the list, I recently started to use this
software because of the need to represent the NETCDF results from the
COHERENS (Coupled Hydrodynamical-Ecological Model for Regional and
Shelf Seas) model.
At this moment, I'm starting to experiment with the test cases that
comes included in the CD-ROM, and trying to represent the same
diagrams as they did in the COHERENS User's Guide(where depths are
represented in meters),and here is where my doubt comes:
How can I represent with the FERRET package the vertical coordinate in
meters instead of sigma-coordinated (I'm using the version 5.41 for
win32 (so -gui mode is not supported))?.Although I can use the data in
the default sigma coordinates,the outcomes when I SET DATA are:

*** NOTE: Units on axis "z" are not recognized: sigma_level
*** NOTE: They will not be convertible

I know it is possibly a quite simple question, but I have been looking
through the FERRET USERGUIDE and couldn't find the solution, if you
need any other details please ask.Thank you very much in advance your
help.Yours sincerely:

			Francisco Javier Campuzano Guillén

Francisco J Campuzano Guillén
Email: G.F.Campuzano@hull.ac.uk