Re: limit on number of axes

Hi Martin,
First, a note that in version 5.5 of Ferret, to be released very soon,
we've increased a lot of the hard limits, including number of axes,
and when axes are cancelled, the coordinate storage they  used
is restored.  These changes will let you use more datasets before
running into any limits.

There seems to be something else going on with the CANCEL
commands; I think that what you're doing should be enough to
reset Ferret.  Here is a set of commands we use to reset Ferret
when running a series of scripts; you might try this and see if it
solves your problem.  The SET GRID ABSTRACT makes the
default grid to the pre-defined grid called ABSTRACT.

cancel region/all
cancel data/all
cancel variables/all
cancel memory/all
set grid abstract

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246