limit on number of axes

Hello,

I am trying to process a large number of netcdf-Files with
Ferret 5.41. To do this, a go-script calls another go-script
with the filename as parameter, file by file. In the end of this
script, if one file is processed, I try to close all datasets
and to cancel all grids and axes.

use $1
 do something
can data/all
can grid
can axis/all
CANCEL MEMORY/ALL

However, after a large number of files is processed FERRET hangs
up with the message

 **TMAP ERR: limit on number of axes has been reached

If the memory is not cancelled, a similar message indicates that
a storage limit for coordinates has been exceeded. Is there any
workaround?

Greetings and many thanks,
Martin Schmidt