Problem extracting monthly data

So, I have a 50 year monthly timeseries of model output, and I want to
create 12 files from it, each containing the 50 year timeseries of each
month.  So there would be one file for Jan, one for Feb, etc.  I do:

Jan = etm[l=1:600:12]

and this works fine.  Then I do

Feb = etm[l=2:600:12]

And the data goes all funny.  The first l-values for February are fine,
but as you go higher through the years, the data gets "warped" on the x, y
and z axes.  For instance, around l=30, the resulting variable has Japan
near the equator.  It looks like the data is being re-sorted incorrectly
somehow when it is put onto axes.  Any ideas?

Jordan Dawe