Re: Time axis problem

Hi Barry,
Is your first data sets a climatology, i.e. a time axis with no
year, and you want to subtract it from the "future" data
to see the anomoly?

Do  a "show axis axisname" with the axisname being
the time axis of the first dataset (which you can get from
show grid tmax[d=1]).  If you do not see an m after the
number of points, then you need to put this data on a
climatological axis.

I think that the answer is probably in making sure the first
time axis is a modulo axis, and one easy way to do that
is to regrid it onto a standard climaological time axis.

yes? set data historic
yes? set data future
yes? set data climatological_axes      ! defines several standard axes
yes? cancel data climatological_axes

! choose a monthly time axis and put the variable from
! the first dataset onto it.

let tmax_clim = tmax[d=1,gt=month_reg]

let tmaxdiff = tmax[d=2] - tmax_clim

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246