Re: plot annotations (a wish...)

Hi Helge,
I don't quite see what you are doing with the PLOT/VS command.
It looks like you issue the command with many arguments, the first,
depth, having many values, and all the VEL arguments having just
one value?  Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you've done.

But in any case, are the labels with the messy [d=  ]  text on the
vertical and horizontal axes?  If so, you can have your plot command
replace those labels with the SET_UP qualifier and reset the x and y
axis labels.  (shortening your example command - you would just add
/SET to the qualifiers you are using)

PLOT/VS/LINE/SYMBOL/SET  depth,vel[d=] ...
PPL XLAB "Depth"
PPL YLAB "Speed at 12H"
PPL PLOT

And if you like, you could get the title of the variable automatically
and use it for the axis labels:

PLOT/VS/LINE/SYMBOL/SET  depth,vel[d=] ...
PPL XLAB `depth,RETURN=title`
PPL YLAB `vel,RETURN=title`
PPL PLOT

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246