Re: bad flag for dods

Hi Thomas,
>From Ferret, you can always set a value as bad for any variable,
using SET VARIABLE/BAD=

I am assuming that your data is in NetCDF format.  There are
conventions for noting values of missing data within the dataset,
which you can find under "Data Variable Attributes: in the
COARDS standards for NetCDF files at
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/noaa_coop/coop_cdf_profile.html

There is also information on this in the Ferret Documentation in the
discussions of NetCDF data.   See "NetCDF, missing values in"  and
"NetCDF, variable attributes" for relevant sections in the Users Guide
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_html.htm

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246