Re: Other vector formats (to be continued)

Hi Salvador,
Ferret's VECTOR command will not do this, but there
are ways to use the U,V components to draw arrows
on a plot.

There are two Ferret script called centered_vectors.jnl
and scattered_vectors.jnl, which you might be able to
modify to do what you want..  You can find the scripts
included in the distribution with the Unix command:
> Fgo centered_vectors
> Fgo scattered_vectors

I would suggest you make your own copies of these and
read the comments in them.  centered_vectors.jnl writes
a file with vector information in it, and calls scattered_vectors
to compute the locations on the plot to draw the vectors.
The vectors are drawn with a PLOT/VS/LINE command.

If you look in scattered_vectors you will see that the arrow heads
are drawn as line segments and it should be straitforward to rescale
their lengths, or otherwise change the plot to look the way you
want.  If you create a script you are happy with, please post it back
here to the Users' List for others to use.

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246