Re: pass parameter values to bat file from the value set in commanprompt

Hi,
You can set parameters in a script using the LET
command:

  let xmin=90
  let xmax=110
  let ymin=0
  let ymax=10

Then in your main script, you need to use the grave
accent syntax so that Ferret will evaluate xmin,
xmax and so on and use them in the command line.
See "embedded expressions" in the Users Guide
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/ferret_documentation.html

  use coads_climatology
  go setvalue.bat
  shade/x=`xmin`:`xmax`/y=`ymin`:`ymax` sst[L=1]
  frame/format=gif/file=contour.gif

If you want the shade plot to be an overlay on the larger
red map, you need the /overlay qualifier.

  go fland 20 red basemap
  use coads_climatology
  go setvalue.bat
  shade/over/x=`xmin`:`xmax`/y=`ymin`:`ymax` sst[L=1]
  frame/format=gif/file=contour.gif

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246