Re: scattered_vector.jnl

Hi Takaya,
The scattered_vectors script sets Ferret up to do an overlay
plot.  After running it you need to issue a PLOT/OVERLAY
command, which the script coaches you on.  First set up a plot
to overlay upon.  When you run scattered_vectors, Ferret
quotes a command line for you to run, to actually plot the
vectors.  I don't see the error message you are getting, but
these commands work for me:

   yes? go basemap x=90:105 y=-5:15   5   gray
   yes? go scattered_vectors driftconvert.txt 0.1

 LISTing to file vector_commands.jnl
>> PLOT/VS/LINE/D=driftconvert.txt/@aros/OVERLAY arrow_x,arrow_y <<

   yes? PLOT/VS/LINE/D=driftconvert.txt/@aros/OVERLAY arrow_x,arrow_y

Note the @AROS is a region that the script defines for the plot
command.  You could add a "/TITLE=my_title" qualifier to the
PLOT command to put your own title for the vectors into the
vector key.

If you still see the error message, perhaps you could make a
copy of the script scattered_vectors, and replace the "cancel
mode verify" at the start, with a "set mode verify".  Then we will
be able to see what command is failing.

It looks as if this script, and its companion centered_vectors.jnl,
could use some more documentation.  We'll do that.

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246