Other vector formats

Hello,

I would like to draw vector in another format different from the defult way
Ferret does, that is, what I need is to draw barb vectors: vector without
head, and with a barb that shows the speed.

I have been looking up in Ferret manual, and in the mail archives, but I have
not found nothing related yet, though I found a reference in the FAQ section
(Wind barbs/stick vectors) but with no link to any page.

I wonder if you know to do it if it is possible.

Thank you very much in advance.