redraw of screen

(Apologies if this message should arrive twice, I tried to send it
before from a different machine but it doesn't seem to have been sent
around)

Hello,

I've recently been working on a slower workstation (i.e. not so
incredibly fast as the one I have at work) and noticed that the screen
redraws Ferret performs can get very bothersome. If you have a plot
which takes a while to draw (high resolution fill) it may take half a
minute before you get control back: Ferret does a redraw every time
the window moves, changes focus or another window is moved away from
above it. While it is drawing I cannot type anything in the Ferret
window.

Is there a way to prevent ferret from redrawing all the time, or
to make it so that I have to explicitly request a redraw? Are there
plans to make a caching system within Ferret so the redraws happen
from a memory bitmap instead of redrawing the whole plot?

Thanks,
	Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle
    Dept. of Oceographic Research