Re: axis labels missing

Hi Brent,

The plot you attached is very odd, indeed.  The fact that the misbehavior is
visual, only -- no crashes, no error message, no altered data values -- leads
me to think that we're looking at a kind of memory buffer over-run in the
X-windows graphics pipeline, though I cannot suggest a particular X
configuration parameter to look at. (Anyone else?) I've never encountered this
previously.  It hardly seems necessary, but an additional test would be to try
SET MODE METAFILE and confirm that the metafile output does not share these
problems (using Fprint) -- that would (pretty definitely) demonstrate that
Ferret is sending all of the graphics and that the problem is on the receiving
end.

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070