Re: Running Ferret Repetitively

I had the same question a year ago (check the archives for some useful
approaches). What I do is use a cshell script to build a suitable
go file and then batch it through ferret. Here for example is a script
that extracts the header line from my data file (idat121.$1) and adds it
as a title for a ferret plot.

------------------------------
#!/bin/csh
cat idNA121BW.jnl >! tmpB.jnl
echo `head -1 idat121.$1 | gawk '{print "ppl %label 240 32 0 0 0.2@P7"$0}'` >>tmpB.jnl
ferret -batch HD{$1}BW.ps << EOF >& out.tt
go tmpB $1
quit
EOF
rm -f tmpB.jnl

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (519)-821-3555  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca