which path libXm.so.2 has to be kept in redhad 7.1

Dear ferret users,

I inatalled ferret V5.40 in redhad 7.1.  I installed the
shared object Motif libraries. The library libXm.so.3.0.1 in
/usr/X11R6/lib. I made an symbolic link to libXm.so.2.

after doing this also when I execute ferret it gives the following
error.

"ferret: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot load
shared object file: No such file or directory"

Please help me in solving this problem.

regards,
Ramesh

begin:vcard