Re: finding monthly averages

Hi Antonio,
It looks like what you're doing is right.  To output
each month to a file, you need the LIST/FILE=/FORMAT=
command.  For an ASCII file, just give it a fortran
format suitable for your data, and a file name. For
example, to list the data along the equator,

  let jan=sst_monthly_ave[l=1]
  list/format=(f8.2)/file=january.dat jan[y=0]

Or, if you want to list data over the whole x-y
grid, you might do this to see the longitudes and
latitudes with the data. (the command is all on one
line, it may wrap around in this message)

  list/format=(3f8.2)/clobber/file=january.dat
x[gx=sst], y[gy=sst], jan

Adam