Re: problems installing ferret

Hi,

At last I've been able to run ferret. I made a mistake when invoking Finstall:

I wrote first: sh ./Finstall (always as su) but the right way was: ./Finstall

I've run ferret from the command line (on a xterm in the xwindow environment) and everything seems to work now. I made use of the 'tutorial' and it works fine.

The problem now is when invoking ferret with -gui option. There are a lot of cryptic messages about the graphical environment and the new window doesn't resize normally so I can't see the whole map (just a portion) and I get strange messages when plotting any figure.

Cheers,

Antonio