From: owner-ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov [mailto:owner-ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov]On Behalf Of arv@ono.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 5:22 PM
To: ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov
Subject: problems installing ferret

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with the ferret installation.

System:
AMD Duron
Linux Mandrake 8.1

I've downloaded the 3 basic files (env, exec and data_sets)

I've followed the uncompressing instructions and when I've tried to run
Finstall, I get the following:

Enter your choice:
(1) Install executables, (2) Customize 'ferret_paths', (3) Exit and
do nothing
 (1,2, or 3) --> ./Finstall: line 36: syntax error near unexpected token
`$<'
./Finstall: line 36: `set choice = $<'

So I can't follow.I'm installing ferret as superuser.

Ferret directory:

/usr/local/ferret

Thanks in advance

Antonio Rodríguez