select daytime data only

Dear ferret users

I have a dataset with e.g. the variable TEMP that is on a time axis from
"04-Jul-1998 00:00" until "07-Jul-1998 00:00" (3 days). I would now like to
select only data during daytime, i.e. from 06:00 until 20:00 for any of the
three days and have this as one new variable (can be indexed with no time
assignment). Is is possible to do this in ferret? If possible without writing a
new file as the output would be quite big.

Thanks for any help

Nicolas

Nicolas Schneider, PhD Student
University of Bern