Re: ZAXREPLACE and Sigma to Z depth

Just to document to the list the resolution of my problem:

I received two emails that helped me to see what I was doing wrong.  I
also got help from Mingshun Jiang here at UMaine.

The solution boils down to ZAXREPLACE needing variables that share the Z
axis.  Depth is a 2D variable that doesn't have a Z dimension. So, I
created a new 3D variable called depth_at_sigma which holds the depth at
each grid point and layer.  The code now looks like:

    DEFINE AXIS/Z =-5000.0:0.0:10.0/UNIT=meters/DEPTH zdepth
    let varonsigma = ZAXREPLACE(temp,depth_at_sigma,z[gz=zdepth])
    LET var_at_depth = varonsigma[Z=-50]
    SHADE/levels=64/L=5 var_at_depth, 'X','Y'

Many thanks to those who emailed me with suggestions (Adil, and Ansley).

Steve

 Steve Cousins                        Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate                 Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences      208 Libby Hall,
 University of Maine                Orono ME 04469