From: Bruce or Jennifer Ford [mailto:fordville_bruce@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 11:20 PM
To: ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov
Cc: Tom Murphree
Subject: Eddy Height Computations

Billy,
     I understand the code below.  But how can I set the limits to be the
latitude of the current grid point only?  I looked for a reserved variable,
but I don't see it.

For my purposes, once I can designated the current latitude, it would look
like:

eddy_ht = hgt - hgt[y=current_lat:current_lat@ave]
(Height at the current grid point minus the globally averaged height of only
that same latitude.)

With each lat, the globally averaged height for the latitude will change.

If there's not a way to say "current latitude" in the code, could I set up a
loop?

I hope I'm accurately relaying what I'm trying to compute.  I welcome any
thoughts!

Bruce